Lying just beyond Midrand between Johannesburg and Pretoria, Centurion has become the suburb of choice for many who don’t want to live in either city, yet need easy access to both. Now is the time to invest in an area that is seeing huge rental demand.
Centurion functions as something of a mini-city of its own, and over time is likely to develop to the extent that it will close the already ever-shrinking gap between Johannesburg and Pretoria: Centurion includes 20 to 30 different suburbs. Centurion has many lifestyle estates which have attracted a cosmopolitan community.
The main advantage to staying in Centurion its centrality: access to major roadways is a breeze, and this network of highways links it to Johannesburg, Midrand, Krugersdorp, Pretoria and OR Thambo International airport.
Its convention centre is able to host up to 2 000 delegates for exhibitions and special events, with 20 breakaway rooms and two hotels. This has helped raise Centurion’s stature as a hub not only of tourist activity but as an ideal business location as well. Major companies including Shoprite, PSiRA (the Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority), Telkom and Jaguar Land Rover have set up their head offices in Centurion – a testament to the corporate promise of this area.
Centurion Mall is one of the largest shopping centres in South Africa, with over 200 stores and restaurants.
Centurion has a plethora of great leisure activities, to suit everyone’s tastes:
- Arcade Empire is a live music venue open from Tuesday to Saturday. They host some of the best local acts in the country, are known for their good food, and often have theme nights, drink specials.
- Centurion and its surrounds are also host to a number of famous bars and restaurants:
- 1. Centurion Shisanyama
- 2. Altitude Rooftop Bar
- 3. Ayepyep Lifestyle Lounge
- 4. Vanity
- 5. Fokker bush pub
- 6. Beerhouse
- 7. Whisk Wine Bar
- 8. Bernies Brewery
- 9. TASTE Lounge
- 10. Jack Fridays
- The Rietvlei Nature Reserve – at 3 800 hectares – is one of the world’s largest urban nature reserves, and is home to large herds of game. Because of its open grassland landscape, it offers visitors a unique opportunity to view many species of animals, including eland, zebra, springbok, waterbuck, reedbuck, ostrich, buffalo and white rhino. There are also a number of black-backed jackal within the park boundaries.
- The Roodeplaat Dam Nature Reserve is a wonderful, nature-inspired outing. Divided into northern and southern sections, the north provides for family-friendly leisure activities such as canoeing and fishing, whilst the quieter southern part is a bird sanctuary.
For a touch of culture:
- Visit the house in which Jan Smuts lived, then go and see the ‘Big House’, as Jan Smuts and his family used to call their home in Irene – The Smuts House Museum. The setting alone is enough to warrant a visit to this particularly pretty part of the Highveld, but for added incentive, the popular Irene Village Market takes place on the shady grounds of Smuts House on the first and last Saturday of every month. It is also a well-known venue for bird enthusiasts, with more than 60 recorded avian species to be found in its gardens.
- The Swartkop Air Force Museum is located at South Africa’s first air force base, AFS Swartkop. Aircraft on display include the Dakota, Hornet Moth, Harvard, Mirage, Mustang, Albatross, Shackleton and Spitfire. The museum also hosts air shows where visitors can watch a wide range of military and civilian aircraft on display.
Out and about with the kids:
- Acrobranch at the Big Red Barn is a fun-filled adventure through a wonderful forest of eucalyptus trees. From zip lines to nets and barrels, it is an exhilarating and fun day out for the whole family. Activities are suitable for children as young as three years old.
- CryWolf has years of experience in making outdoor activities and extreme sport accessible to everyone. Here kids can try their hand at paintball, laser tag and laser clay pigeon shooting.
New stylish and upmarket apartments
Century Skye is conveniently situated in the heart of Die Hoewes, Centurion, Pretoria, less than 2km from the Centurion Gautrain station (with a feeder bus running close to Century Skye) and less than 3km from Centurion Mall.
|50 APARTMENTS AVAILABLE||PRICED FROM R1 079 000|
|RENTAL INCOME FROM R7 400||R60 000 SHORTFALL ASSISTANCE|
|ONLY R10 000 DEPOSIT|
These striking apartments epitomise modern design, with luxury finishes, and are ideal for young professionals. The interiors are, spacious and professionally designed and decorated, and the apartments are flooded with light and air thanks to the beautiful large windows. The open plan living area flows into the stylish kitchen, which is fitted with white quartz countertops and enough space for both a dishwasher and a washing machine. The bathrooms have modern, luxurious finishes, and the bedrooms have a sophisticated look and feel and come with built-in cupboards.
The building in which these apartments are housed is also high tech, and the apartments come with free wifi for the first year. All floors above ground-level are accessed via elevators. There is a clubhouse on the property with gardens and braai facilities – perfect to unwind on weekends.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, visit the Century Skye webpage: http://igrow.co.za/century-skye-centurion/ or contact IGrow to discuss the development with one of our skilled Property Consultants in Pretoria: 012 943 0201
Discover how to build your wealth with property investment Get free training videos & resources on the secrets of property investment in South Africa. Fill out the form below to gain instant access to our training resources.