Established and growing group based in Cape Town Northern Suburbs/Durbanville is looking to appoint a Trust administrator/bookkeeper.
Responsible for the financial and administrative function. Training on the administration of trusts will be provided.
Duties and responsibilities
- Books up to balance sheet
- Full Debtors function
- Full Creditors function
- Full Payroll function
- Inter Company billing & loan accounts
- Asset Register
- Statutory Returns
- Processing and reconciling cash books
- Process, manage and reconcile petty cash
- Daily cash book entries on Pastel
- Salaries and general payments
- Liaison with auditing firm at year end
- Develop a reporting system that will facilitate good information flow to all levels of the operation, and develop an understanding of key performance parameters
- Trusts – registration of new inter vivos trusts, amendments to existing trusts.
- Ensure and facilitate the execution of all relevant trust administration services for our clients including the setup of a Trust
- Amendments to Letters of Authority
- Drafting of resolutions and minutes and general correspondence
- Payment of registration fee
- Submission to the Master’s office
- Drafting of resolutions and assisting with submissions to the Master’s office
- Client database administration
- The overall administration of Trusts in compliance with the Deed of Trust.
- Liaison with trustees, maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping Trustees informed of all critical issues
- Convene meetings of the Trust and keep a proper record of all Trust meetings.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the Trust deed as it relates to Financial records and all other Financial matters
- Effectively communicating and presenting critical financial matters at all Trust meetings.
- Meeting of deadlines at all times
- Administrative tasks and filing
- Reception relief
- Building and maintaining sound client relationships
- Assist with arrangement of trust & educational seminars
Min Qualifications and experience:
- Matric with Accountancy
- Diploma / Degree in Management Accounting /Financial Accounting and legal background will be beneficial
- Sufficient relevant experience – 3 years’ experience in an accounting/trust administration environment
- Friendly, enthusiastic, energetic, passionate team player
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial knowledge –financial reporting and tax
- Sound business acumen in the areas of financial, commercial and business administration
- Be able to motivate and communicate effectively
- Computer literacy , Pastel accounting software ,Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with the Trust and its beneficiaries.
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Must be able to work under pressure
- A systematic work method, attention to detail, self-motivated and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management.
- The ability to prioritise and plan a challenging workload.
R12 000 – R15 000 per month negotiable on qualifications and experience
Training and support on the administration of trusts will be provided.